Tyberius from Chicago built a very impressive humanoid Robot.
Humanoid Robot Specification
This is a an EX-106+ servo based custom humanoid robot named Giger.
This bot was designed in Autodesk Inventor, and machined from 5052 alloy aircraft aluminum using a Sherline 2000 CNC and some work from Rapid Sheet Metal.
He stands 62cm tall, weighs about 5kg and uses a total of 10x EX-106+, 6x RX-64s, and 8x RX-28s.
Video shown is rough initial progress, walking gait still needs a lot of work and the IMU data needs to be integrated for dynamic balancing.
The Robot Hardware
- Actuators / output devices: 8x RX-28 Dynamixel Actuators, EX-106+ Dynamixel Actuators, 6x RX-64 Dynamixel Actuators
- Control method: Controlled via Bluetooth HID connection to PS3 SixAxis controller.
- CPU: 400 mhz Verdex Pro
- Operating system: Buildroot Embedded Linux
- Power source: 4S 14.8v 3800mAh Battery
- Programming language: C
- Sensors / input devices: Wifi Camera, ADIS 16355 IMU
He has made this gait tuned to a very slow rate in purpose so that he can work on the balance and COG shifting correctly, then it can be sped up to a more realistic, useful speed. So hopefully, we will see a good looking, fast Humanoid robot soon from him!