This is Mox’s (from Letsmakerobot) first attempt at Quadruped robots. He has so far developed a spider gait for the quadruped robot, and when he’s walking, it’s kind of creepy!
Quadruped Robot Parts:
- Actuators / output devices: 12 servomotor HITEC HS322HD
- Control method: SSC32 card and PC with RS232 communication / free soft by Lynxmotion
- CPU: Atmega168 on SSC32 and PC for com
- Power source: external lab alim
- Sensors / input devices: URM37 ultrasonic (in devellopement ….. )
Updates from Him:
I make all the part myself with aluminum plate.
For now, it’s just control by my computer link to it with a RS232 connection, and a SSC32 controlling servomotor card by Lynxmotion (a real good card i think 🙂
Today I’m trying to control it with an Arduino car but the com with UART between the two cards is not operational for the moment 🙁 I’m also trying to include a URM37 ultrasound sensor 🙂
The first step was to create a second axis for all servos.
I used some support of roller-blade ball-bearing, and I stuck it to the servo with cyanoacrylate adhesive :
[original post from http://letsmakerobots.com/node/28077]