Arduino Robot with a ultrasonic sensor is not unusual, but this Arduino Ultrasonic Robot built by [Ro-Bot-X] could be one of the fastest.
Here is the original post link:
Design of the Arduino IR Robot
He made this small Arduino robot using an Arduino Duemilanove and the Robot Builder’s Shield and a chassis plate so he can mount the parts on.
He came up with this design that looked so compact that it eventually became the name of the Arduino IR Robot – Compact. After a little AutoCAD drawing, some CamBam fiddling and nerve braking CNC-ing, there is the first imperfect chassis plate:
The mounted parts are the motors, battery holders, the ball caster, the Arduino board and the servo. A shield is installed on top of the Arduino. 6V Battery is used, the resulted regulated voltage is 4.88V.
- Actuators / output devices: 2 x 1:100 Pololu micro motors
- Control method: autonomous
- CPU: Arduino Duemilanove 328
- Power source: 6V, 4 AAA Cells
- Programming language: C/C++
- Sensors / input devices: Sharp IR